Filmmakers Academy – Austin
Wednesdays (noon – 4 pm) June 19th – July 31
(FYI – We will probably not have class on July 10, so there will be six sessions in total. Students will also need to meet or communicate with their team members during the week and set up production days outside of classroom hours.)
How FA will look this summer:
- The students will be grouped into small teams with a student team leader.
- The students will meet weekly for classroom sessions and team meetings.
- The teams will be given assignments to complete each week that will be due the following week. These assignments will be based on the week’s class session and will get the students one step closer to a finished film project. Example assignments: screenwriting, storyboarding, creating shot lists and production week schedules, casting and shooting their film, and editing.
- The teams will meet with the instructors each week to show their work and discuss ideas on how to improve their skills and their project.
- The student teams will have two short film projects completed by the end of the program.
- The students will use their own equipment for most aspects of the filmmaking (cameras, lighting, editing software, etc.).
Film Screening – August 2 – 7:oo pm
We will have an open film screening for family and friends.